Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Miami Style Margarita?

So, it’s a rainy day in Atlanta. A friend and I, being the poor intern types that we are, were scrounging change to get something to eat and happened upon a rather snazzy little Mexican joint called La Botana. I don’t know if you’ve been there, but you should probably check it out. It was conveniently located next to the Taco Bell that we had originally GPS’d, but we decided to class it up a bit and actually be waited upon. Not only was the food and service pretty excellent, but I have discovered a new beverage. I might be way behind the times on this one since I just moved into Atlanta, but what is this nonsense that is the Miami Style Margarita? Literally, it is just a margarita that somebody decided to put an upside-down bottle of Corona in. What? It sounds like crazy talk, but no. This is actual thing. An actual fifteen dollar thing. As I mentioned before, I’m an intern, my entire meal was nowhere near fifteen dollars, so this particular drink is out of my price range.

But bear with me while I’m trying to imagine such a concoction. The limey wonderfulness that is a margarita being slowly infiltrated by the bitter crispness of a Corona? I like to think that I would really enjoy this combination, but I honestly don’t know how I’d feel about someone turning a beer over into my margarita. Have you tried this? Do I want to even go here? One of the more interesting drinks I’ve had was a ritzier take on this idea when I was in Myrtle Beach last summer. It was a glass of white wine with a double shot of tequila in it, really bizarre but with a name like “The Cortez,” how could I pass it up? I want to think the Miami style might be on a similar vein, but I suppose I won’t know until I can justify a drink that costs more than my meal when I’m just out to dinner instead of out at the bars. Unless somebody feels inclined to purchase this for me, I don't see it happening.

But tomorrow is payday, troops, so we'll see where the weekend takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment